Saturday, June 9, 2007

Back in the saddle

The thrill of yard sale shopping....I love it! As my hubby says, "you just can beat the deals you get at yard sales." My favorite part is finding things that you could never find in a store and then paying hardly any money for them. I have been on yard sale hiatus after a disappointing shopping experience last summer. We drove past this yard sale with a gorgeous chest of drawers and when Wade spotted it we turned back around immediately. We ran out of our car and got there just in time to hear the old man in front of us say "Here's fifty bucks for the dresser. I think it is from the blah blah blah period. Probably worth $700." OUCH! This morning we found a few goodies at the yard sale for a frame shop. They had tons of frames for $5-10 plus a line up of old wood chairs in need of a little TLC. I found this curved arm and back oak chair that I will use at my new desk. I wanted to buy more chairs, I have been throwing around the idea of getting all different chairs to go around our dining room table. I thought that would be kind of interesting and funky. The problem is that I am sure I would want to paint them and these wood chairs were really too nice to paint. So the search for sturdy dining room chairs that I can paint and not feel bad about it continues...if you know if any that need a new home, ring me up.

We were also able to feed my husbands addiction for shelving. Face it honey, your obsessed with shelves. I think one of these days, when we are able to have our dream house, my husband will have a room of just shelves. Like a library but with shelving for books, cd's, and canvases, plus cubbies for art supplies, music supplies and nick-knacks of all sizes.

1 comment:

VivifyPenelopePie said...

I'm doing that exact same thing...there should be different chairs so that people can have favorites...yay to you!