Wednesday, October 10, 2007

Things that make me happy Thursday

*I had to put Henry in a sweatshirt and a jacket this morning. The breeze was cool and we could see our breath. Henry would take a breath and say “teem Mama. Hot.” He thought it was steam, like his hot veggies at dinner. *The leaves are just starting to change. On my way to work I spotted little specks of yellow in the green canopy over the streets in our neighborhood. *We have a maple tree in our front yard. I peak outside every morning, anticipating its fall show---what color will it be? *The Halloween decorations are up at Gigi and Grandpa’s house. “Keleton keleton” Henry yelled when we pulled into their drive this morning. Then he grabbed my hand as we walked into the house and pulled me from room to room-“Bats. Bumpkin. Bumpkin. Ghost. Bumpkin lights….” *Many of the decorations at my Mom’s house I made with my sisters when we were kids. Construction paper pumpkins and spiders made from pipe cleaners. I can’t wait to fill my house with homemade decorations made by my children. Until then I will just have to decorate myself and I am thinking that candy wreath and paper lantern pumpkins (above) are a great start*Rolling Prairie is still going strong; we still get our bags of locally grown produce once a week. I am hoping for butternut squash, raspberries and green beans this week. I have roasted squash with a raspberry dressing, cornbread stuffing, green beans and mashed potatoes and gravy on the menu for next week. *Plans are underway for Halloween care packages for my sisters. Chocolate truffles rolled in orange sprinkles are packaged and ready to mail*I found a porch swing made of sustainably harvested wood from South America and the best part is that it is on sale. We are going to order it this weekend. I have always wanted a house with a porch swing. *Halloween cupcake ideas are flowing in. My favorites are above....especially the monster one. I think we may have to do a trial run this weekend ;) *I am listening to the new Radiohead CD *We are going to the pumpkin patch with my parents and Aunt Kelly next weekend. Pumpkin carving will follow. I am thinking of doing a dot pumpkin, like the one in the center of my mosaic. * I put some mums on our front porch. *Wade taught me how to use photoshop *41 days until my sisters arrive. *Grandpa is off work today so Henry gets to spend the whole day with both of his Grandparents {and my Mom gets a break}. *I am going to leave for my lunch break to buy some pumpkin spice candles from our favorite candle shop. The house will smell like October tonight :) Happy Thursday to you.

2 comments:

Potato Pie said...

Holy Moly...I have a lot of catching up to do on your blog...I scrolled and scrolled and got way too excited. Just wondering how the new radiohead is...we are so excited to hear it?

Laura said...

Yeah, I got a little silly with the blogging yesterday.
Radiohead is good, I need to listen to it a couple more times...it always takes a few tries for me to catch on to their new music. But I always end up loving it. Have you seen them live? They are amazing.