Thursday, November 29, 2007

this time of year

because I love lists. and fresh starts. and seeing my breath in the morning. and scarves. and hot chocolate with peppermint marshmallows. and the grass sparkling in the morning sunlight. the smell of evergreen trees and pine cones. over sized sweaters. homemade snowflakes on the window. lights and nat king cole and talk of reindeer and santa claus. red and green and red and green. decorating cookies. henry crawling under our blankets at night. fuzzy slippers. pink noses and cheeks. how the grinch stole christmas and all the claymation christmas shows from when i was a kid. the sound of the furnace running. visits from loved ones. christmas trees strapped to the tops of cars. an excuse to make homemade gifts out of gumdrops and to snuggle under the blanket with my hubby. henry’s cold nose on my cheek when I get a kiss. the stars seem brighter. the air seems fresher. people seem happier.

No comments: