Thursday, April 3, 2008

Cold Feet

I had to take the pictures of the dogs down because we decided not to adopt one. I am sure the people at the ASPCA think I am a total punk for backing out at the last minute but I had a panic attack this afternoon thinking about caring for a puppy and a two year old. I think I was just overcome by cuteness. Now I feel really bad for the guy because both of his brothers will be adopted this weekend by my friend Emily. But I think he is in there with his Mom so he won't be alone and hopefully they will find a good home. Okay, I feel like total crap about this. I cried all afternoon. Seriously, I started crying at the grocery store when I saw a car drive by with a dog hanging it's head out the window. I am still going back and forth about it even though I know our house is not a good place for a 10 week old puppy. Being responsible sucks.

Now I have to let it go.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

The people at the ASPCA probably wish there were more people like you who think before adopting a pet. He's so cute, I'm sure they'll find a good home for him (maybe in a family with a slightly older child). And when it's time, there are so many other dogs out there needing a home. I remember how heartbreaking it was when we picked out our cat--there were just so many that we would have loved to take home. Good for you making the responsible decision.

TC

Anonymous said...

Seriously! Smart lady, I'm glad you are as conscientious as you are!

--Lisa