Sunday, April 8, 2007

Waiting

I hate living in Lawrence and I love living in Lawrence all at the same time. I hate seeing high school classmates, I hate JC drivers, I hate that I have seen it all and done it all already. I hate running to people on the street that I work with or that ignored me in high school. I pretty much hate KU, I have been there so long and gotten nothing out of it-it's like my dysfunctional high school boyfriend. There are a lot of things about Lawrence that either just bug me or that make me feel bad about myself. But then I wonder, if I was doing all the interesting things that I imagine I am doing at night while I fall asleep. And if I lost the, egh....baby weight... I have been carrying around for over a year now (how long can you call it baby weight?) and felt good about myself I probably wouldn't mind the occasional run-ins with the high school sluts who tried to hook up with my boyfriend (often successfully, I might add). And there is a lot to love about Lawrence. At least that is what I keep hearing from the 15 people I know that have left and found their way back after a year or two. I want to live somewhere with creative people, open minds, great food, gardens, sidewalks and parks for my son to run in, sunshine, fall colors, beautiful old homes, my family nearby, and a good basketball team. Sounds like Lawrence doesn't it? Maybe I just need to change my attitude a little.

No comments: