Sunday, May 13, 2007

Today was totally hectic. This weekend has been insane. I have been puked on every day, sometimes twice, for three days. I have also been pooped on once and had a tiny person sneeze in my mouth more times than I can count. Ah, the glamorous life of a mom. Henry is sick. He may have a cold, he may have allergies, he may have a rash or he may just be getting hot, sticky and sweaty that is causing bumps. He is definitely teething, two more molars coming in on the bottoms. Plus he bonked his head again this morning. The bruise from the last bonk is still there, it's a double bonk.
It's a funny thing to have a kid. I remember sitting in the hospital room the day after Henry was born and feeling this uneasy feeling. It was the moment I realized that I would never again relax like I did before he was born. My Mom says that over time you worry less and less but right now that is hard for me to believe. I have a final I should be studying for but all I can do is worry about his rash, his cough, is he getting enough to eat?

I really feel like I should say, after my previous post, that my parents try so hard. In a way they try almost too hard. They love their children and they show us that every day. Today my Mom said to me "You are the light of my life". She's never said anything like that to me. It was nice. I guess all you can do in this journey is try to accept people for who they are, including your parents. We're all just doing the best we can do.

No comments: