Monday, May 21, 2007

This weekend was a wash. I didn't do a thing...well as much as you can not do a thing when you have a kid so you are always doing something. But, after Henry went to bed I relaxed...a lot! Every night, all weekend, it was just me, some fudge pops and Sex and the City. The post-finals recovery weekend, ah, it's the best!

I love summer in Lawrence. Sure, it's insanely hot and there are days that I don't want to even walk outside, but that doesn't even matter when you get in your car and see that there is no traffic. No students! Hurrah! Right now I am sitting at my desk, in my apartment that faces Mass St. and there is no sound...no cars driving by, no sirens, no people yelling. Today I drove from one side of town to the other in 5 minutes. Impossible by school year standards. It's fabulous.

So, I told myself that I wouldn't post any more on this blog until I could get my grumpy ass up out of this funk. I said "No one wants to read your complaints. No one wants to listen to you whine. Lighten it up or go home." So, I'm trying. The fact of the matter is that I am still feeling like a bit of a grump. I think the whole moving thing has got to me a bit. Especially since we haven't really seemed to want to spend much time with the whole packing thing. The last time we moved we were literally packing the boxes as we carried them out the door, we can't do that this time. So, we need to get in gear. I can't wait to be in our new house. I have so many ideas for decorating. I am dreaming about what I am going to do to that kitchen. I am thinking white subway tiles and white cabinets and concrete counter tops. Last weekend we bought our first fridge. I think that officially makes us grown-ups. I used to think having a kid made you a grown up but I have since learned that some of the least grown up people have kids.

Okay, now I am getting a back scratchy. Gotta run. Ah.....

1 comment:

VivifyPenelopePie said...

me too...same thing...no packing, good intentions, bad executions, but still enjoying summer. i think the grump is in the air. Just think...no worries--in a few weeks you'll be used to your new home and it will be just that...Home! Yay to being a grown-up, scary!