Wednesday, June 13, 2007

Cute or obnoxious?

I have a thing for interesting door or cabinet knobs, especially old glass ones. One of these days I would like to replace all the knobs in our house but if I am going to do that I should probably replace all the doors too, that's a project for another time... Anyway, so one of our first home remodels is going to be our kitchen. We can't afford to do anything major, like new cabinets, so I think we are going to paint the old ones white and distress them a little. So, I was planning on just doing plain old nickel knobs but then this afternoon I thought-- why do just plain old anything? It's my house!--So I went on a search for cute knobs and found more choices than I bargained for. I have whittled it down to one style that I like, now I just need to pick the color. I have always been drawn to limey-yellowy chartreuse which many people find obnoxious but I love. Probably because it is the color of my birthstone, peridot. I also really like the teal color and thought that the peach matched nicely. SO, the question is-white cabinets with different colored knobs or is that too much and I should pick one and run with it OR bail on the whole thing that go back to nickel basics?



Speaking of lime-green deliciousness, look at this gorgeous chandelier that I found on my new favorite blog? I am thinking of copying her idea for my dining room. SO CUTE!

3 comments:

miss.supafly said...

FYI: You can buy Heather Bailey's line of Freshcut fabric at Sarah's. :)

Laura said...

You're kidding! That's really great. Her stuff is gorgeous and her blog is awesome. It makes me happy and jealous at the same time. Now I am definitely going to have to go down to Sarah's this weekend. I just have to figure out something to make with it.

Thanks for the tip Supafly :)

Anonymous said...

Cute! Very cute!