Wednesday, June 27, 2007

Summer reading

What are you folks reading right now? I just finished Devil in the White City. It chronicles the building of the World's Fair in Chicago and a sneaky serial killer that lived in Chicago during that time. It was great, but I also have a special place in my heart for Chicago so that could be part of it.
I need to buy a new book, I think. I want to get the Anne Lamott book about her life with her son which I think I'll pop over to Amazon for right now (shopping while bored is a serious problem for me) but I need other suggestions. Post them or email me if you don't have a blog. That means you Tracy, Heather and Sarah! ;)

5 comments:

VivifyPenelopePie said...

I am reading, Eat, Pray, and love...by Elizabeth Gilbert. It chronicals her self discovering as she traveled for one year--Italy, Indonesia, and India...so far it is wonderful! I feel like I am listenning to my own voice--she is a real person and it is enlightenning!

Laura said...

3 of my favorite things.
Sounds great, I will put it on my list.

-L

long time coming said...

Annie gave me Brave New World by Aldous Huxley for graduation. I don't know if you've already read it, but I'm halfway through it and I find it fascinating. It's in the genre of 1984, but I like this book even better. Give Henry a kiss for me, I've been raking them in lately :)

love

Laura said...

Kelly,
Show off! I haven't gotten a kiss is weeks.

Believe it or not I have never read that book. It's a classic though, I bet Wade has it. I'll check it out.

Love you

Unknown said...

I enjoyed reading "War Reporting for Cowards" by Chris Ayers. It's about a British reporter who goes from reporting about Hollywood to being an embed in Iraq. Surprisingly entertaining given the content.