Tuesday, July 3, 2007

Right brained

I’ve been bad today. Really bad. I think it is a procrastination thing. I’ve learned how far I can push it and I am pushing it today, for sure. I have so much work to do, my inbox is overflowing and all I want to do it find photos on flickr, make lists and listen to music. I am going to really hate life when I have to work all weekend to catch up for my slacking.
But what fun I have had this morning. I found a new blog to read full of creative ideas. It’s amazing what a comfort it is for me to find other women who are Mom’s and creative people. It tells me that it can be done, it is possible to maintain your creative spirit and still be a Mom at the same time! In fact, children really seem to thrive in that kind of environment (not surprising really, but I tend to get caught up in Mommy duties and forget sometimes).
I also spent some time on Amazon this morning. I have wanted to order this Anne Lamott book about the first year of her life with her son. My husband heard her on one of his talk radio shows and emailed me to tell me that he thought I would really like her books. The next day I decided to listen to my favorite This American Life episodes and realized that she was reading my favorite story. In the processing of ordering her book I also found two other books about mixed media art and journaling. I am really excited for that package to arrive.
I also started a list of things I want to do in my 30th year. I tend to make lists and then never look at them again. This is my stack of lists on my desk here at work.

No comments: