Sunday, August 12, 2007

I know this isn't a food blog...

The last few posts have been mostly about food and for that I apologize. If you guys wanted to look at food you would probably go to Martha Stewart Living because the photos of food on her website would make anyone want to lick the screen and I am just a girl with a stomach and a crappy digital camera. But, I am just glowing in my cooking success right now. There have been some failures, just remember the red velvet cupcakes or ask Wade about the night I made Bulgar (I think we figured that each of us ate 55 grams of fiber at that meal....ugh, it was intense). But trying a new way of cooking and eating is pretty intimidating and right now I am brimming with excitement over my lunch adventure and I have to share it with someone (Wade and Henry are down for their afternoon naps). For lunch I made bok choy and quinoa for the first time ever and grilled a little tofu and it turned out absolutely fabulous. The whole lunch had less than 300 calories, tasted amazing and cost about $2.00 to fix. (Sorry, did I mention that I am in the middle of a diet bet with my sisters- $50 bucks to get in, the person with the most weight lost by Thanksgiving takes all) (and also did I mention that I am pinching pennies right now? Some crazy stuff going on at my work so I am saving as much as I can right now for the day that I get my walking papers.) Anyway, here is my lunch....And if you have never had almond milk, good lord try it.....with a little Cinnamon on top it will kill any sweet craving with about 50 calories. Henry calls it "all-me-melk".

1 comment:

miss.supafly said...

What great pictures! Looks yummy!