Tuesday, September 11, 2007

I like letters


During her last visit to Kansas my sister mentioned that she was thinking of starting a blog. I was very excited by this idea because 1) I would love to read updates on her life and what she is up to and what she is thinking about and 2) because writing in this blog has been very rewarding for me. I know that not many people read my blog, and that is just fine with me. The fun is in finding things to talk about, expressing my opinions and thoughts in a place that feels comfortable and safe, and learning about myself by looking at what it is that seems worthy of a post. As silly as it sounds, writing in this has helped me figure out just a little bit more about what is important to me and it has introduced me to a whole new world of people doing similar things...or not so similar things, that are interesting, fun or inspiring.

A discovery along the way was that I am not the only one that enjoys a good letter now and then...not the handwritten paper kind (although I enjoy those too) but the old, rusty, faded and worn kind that I can hang on my walls and use in my kitchen to spell the word EAT. I am a collector of interesting letters and one of these days I will post a picture of my letter wall...until then Ms. Supafly's recent find of flickr fun (as if I didn't spend enough time on flickr) will have to do. I am pretty sure that I have looked at every letter and that I have spelled out all of your names already. It's super fun.

No comments: