Sunday, October 14, 2007

Birthday-o-ween



As a kid I always wished that I had an October birthday. For starters my birthday is in August so I never got to bring birthday treats to school. Second, it just always seems like it would be so fun to have a birthday costume party. Henry's birthday falls so close to Thanksgiving every year that I imagine it might be sort of hard for him to have birthday parties when he is school age...maybe we will have early birthday parties over Halloween instead....

Well, these cupcakes are for my Mom. My parents spent the weekend in Chicago celebrating her birthday and so to surprise her and do something for the woman who is always doing something for everyone else, I put made these and left them on her kitchen counter with a bunch of sunflowers. I had Henry do a quality control on the cupcakes before we took them to Gigi's house. His analysis "Henwe like cupcake. More please. Nother Mama?" Fingers were licked as well as arms and shirts, so I think we were good to go.

7 comments:

long time coming said...

Those cupcakes were outrageous. I ate mine so fast I barely remember what it tasted like, except pure deliciousness. Vegan, I hope?

Lisa said...

Ok...you're killing me. For days now I've been craving cupcakes (and not the grocery store artifial, gross kind either) Every day I visit your page, and every day...I think...{sigh} Now I'll have to make my own...hehe!LOL Very lovely!

Laura said...

I'll make you some honey....next weekend. K?

Lisa said...

I think you're a rock star! Seriously--amazing!!!!!

Lisa said...

I could never turn you down for cupcakes!

Laura said...

You have a favorite flavor Miss Lisa? I was thinking of pumpkin spice with white chocolate icing....???? Whaddya think?

-L

Lisa said...

I think that sounds perfect! Ah...I am practically squealing with excitement!