Monday, October 1, 2007

Looking forward to...

If I ever complain about anything that has to do with my parents again in the future please send me an over the Internet smack. Two reasons-1) Henry and I have stopped at my parents house unexpectedly and uninvited for 4 days in a row. Today, my Mom had to have a procedure done that made it so she couldn't watch Henry for us. So what did I do? I popped by to check on her at around 5 and stayed for dinner and an evening walk. My parents are incredibly generous and never say a word about spending every day with a wild 2 year old and his exhausted mother, although I can only imagine how tiresome that must get for them.
2) My parents just bought me this house- Just kidding. My semi-retired Dad has been working so that our whole family (all 10 of us) can spend a week next summer in a beach house on the East coast and today they decided on this place.
It is on a private beach and has amazing views of the Atlantic from every bedroom.


On our way to the beach we are going to stop in St. Louis for the night (we figure 4 hour stretches with Henry stuck in the car is about the best we are going to get). In St. Louis I think we'll visit my Aunt P and go here (take the photo tour and you will get a sense of how awesome this place is). Then we will drive to Louisville to visit Nana. Nana is Henry's Great Grandmother. She is wonderful. Wade grew up in Louisville so it is always fun to swing by his old haunts. Nana's mother, Eva, lives in Indiana. That's Henry's Great Great Grandmother. If I can find a way to bring Alex to Louisville that same weekend then we can get a 5 generation photograph and I can check off #28. We'll probably stop one more time between Louisville and the beach house, in Tennessee or North Carolina. I'll have to do some research on fun things to do in that area.
I am hoping I will get to do #5, #23 and #30 while we are there. Oh and I will definitely get to do #2. And, on the long car ride I might do a little of #27.
I have to say that this trip has me more excited than I have been in quite a while. Spending a week with my family on the ocean sounds like a dream come true. I am literally counting down the days {I'm not kidding guys, it's on my calendar at work}.
Other future events that I am counting down for-Our annual visit to the pumpkin patch (I'll post pictures from last year and this year). Our 5th wedding anniversary. Henry in a Halloween costume. Thanksgiving. Henry's 2nd birthday. The end of the semester. Christmas...This year is going to go out with a bang.
Tell me, what are you counting down the days until?

No comments: