Monday, November 5, 2007

Um...yum!

One of the very wonderful things about eating a plant based diet is that you instantly get more of what all of need to be getting more of....plants. Tonight for dinner I did a vegan take on a chicken noodle soup with dumplings. It had no chicken and no noodles and it was loaded full of veggies and it tasted better than any chicken noodle soup with dumplings I have ever had. This recipe came from a cookbook purchased during a moment of weakness at Amazon. It has leeks, carrots, onions, potatoes and peas, and then me being unable to stick with a recipe even when it is my first time making it...I threw in some kale. I will do anything to sneak some kale into my son's diet. Henry thought it was good at first. That seems to be how it goes lately. The first few bites go down great and then he decides that the peas should not be touching the carrots and the beans should not be touching the dumpling and the whole thing goes array.
Anyway, Kelly, I am making this for you. One batch of this would last you a month :)

2 comments:

long time coming said...

Looks delicious, can't wait!!

What's your plan on attack for Thanksgiving? At this point, mom's just planning on baking me some tofu

Laura said...

Good question. I'm not sure. Maybe I'll make a few veggie options for us. I already decided that I am going to make a vegan pumpkin pie.
I don't want to steal Mom's thunder so I don't want to do too much.