Thursday, January 31, 2008

DISCLAIMER

Hi Guys. So, you’ve maybe noticed that I haven’t been posting much lately. I have been feeling a little disinterested in my blog. It seems to fill this ambiguous space for me. I have a lot going on right now and I would love to have an outlet to discuss it…but I also have this disabling concern for other people’s feelings and it is keeping me from talking about many of the things that I have been thinking about. I feel like my blog is not really a total representation of me. I mean, it is a blog so it isn’t every going to be a TOTAL representation of me but I really don’t want it to be devoid of me entirely. When I first started looking at blogs I mentioned to Wade how inspirational many of them are and I told him that looking at these blogs sometimes made me feel like I wasn’t doing enough. He said “People can be whatever they want to be online. Don’t let it make you feel bad. It is just a snapshot of someone else’s life and they can make it whatever they want it to be. It isn’t real.” Well….I don’t want my blog to be that. So, I have been thinking of deleting it.
But, at the same time I have a few friends that have blogs and I have convinced my sisters to have blogs and I am always so excited when they post on their blogs so I feel like there might be a handful of people that feel the same way about my blog.

So this is my warning to you. I am going to change things up a bit. I am probably going to talk about touchier subjects. I’ll probably discuss animal rights, veganism, environmental responsibility, politics….etc. If you are sensitive about your hamburger then you will probably not want to read my blog. I am not saying that it is going to be all serious all the time. I’m sure I’ll still post about my cupcakes and my little Bean and do mosaics….all that good stuff. I am just saying that I am going to be more honest about what is going on with me. I need to have a little more integrity with this blog; otherwise it is just a waste of my time. If you're not feeling it then don't read it. I will not be offended.

3 comments:

Lisa said...

Sounds great! I'm pumped to start reading your "opinions." My hamburger needs a little working on--I'm sure!

As for the whole of it--I feel the same way. I am often torn between being public and being private. My opinions are generally very on point and I worry about offending people as well. I tend to write about nothing and then I look back and think--ick, this isn't me, it is barely a blurb. The blog thing is so scary, strange, awkward, and sometimes lonely--but for some reason, other people's blogs give me the same excitement and encouragement.

I'll join your club and try to be more direct on mine as well. Let go of what i think other people expect of me!

I think you are great by the way!

Laura said...

Thank you sweetie.

miss.supafly said...

I say rock on with your bad self! I tend to be the same way, so I'm eager to hear what you've got say.