Wednesday, March 5, 2008

Caffeine High

I’ve had 4 cups of coffee this morning and a coconut egg-which is no where near as good as a coconut nest, the best Easter candy on the planet, but I cannot find coconut nests anywhere this year...the green one, not the chocolate one. Anyway, between the coffee and the sweets I feel great this morning.

For the past few months I can’t stop listening to the news. I have NPR on pretty much all day. It’s funny because when I was a kid we carpooled with my neighbor Gina and her Mom would always drive in the morning and listen to NPR the whole time and I hated it. Now, I am that person! Crazy.

This weekend I am going to makes some cupcakes. I found some cute ones in Martha Stewart to use as inspiration. Henry is pumped, he loves helping.

This weekend I am also going to try to get some fabric to recover my dining room chairs. I am totally incapable of picking a fabric. This is my inspiration-

But I cannot seem to find anything like that in the stores but I found these, which aren't bad. What do you think?-Wait, there’s more. I just signed up for the Douglas County Aids Walk. If you want to make a donation or walk on our team (it's only 1 mile) let me know. :) {no pressure}

One more thing, thanks for reading my blog. I have been all over the place lately, feeling under the weather and grumpy. I am feeling a little better now so hopefully my blog will be a little more fun soon.

7 comments:

Lisa said...

I want to do the aids walk with you. I also know where you can get cool fabric. you know it too...but I'm dying to have company if you would like to go together...

long time coming said...

I like the fabrics in the top two corners and the middle... for some reason, I'm a fan of the bigger patterns.

When's the aids walk?

Anonymous said...

I listen to NPR all the time while I work now. It makes me feel more in touch with the world (especially since I rarely get to watch the news when Quentin is around, so before I started listening to NPR I was starting to feel really out of touch). I do switch to radio when the stories start repeating, though.

I like the fabric on the top right. It comes closest to your inspiration in being a larger pattern with only two colors. I think it looks more open and happy. But that's just me...

Hooray for anything coconut!

Tracy C.

Me In My Tree said...

I love all those fabrics, but I think I am partial to the one in the middle row, right column. But no one else chose that one so I think I might be the odd woman out.

Good luck with the chairs and don't forget to post a pic of the finished product! ;)

Lisa said...

No Amy...I agree, that is my favorite too!

Kelly Family Blog said...

I agree too. Do you think it would look good on a chair? I was thinking curtains...I am so bad at this.

-L

Lisa said...

I think the bird fabric would look gorgeous in any application. It would be quirky and cool on a chair. I have a similar (although far less cool) fabric on a pillow with these fierce little birds. That fabric is so whimsical and freeing.

Where did you find it at? Did your post say, I'm going to read it again!?