Monday, March 17, 2008

Ice cream

I got an ice cream maker from my little sister last Christmas. So far, my attempts at homemade ice cream have been a little disappointing. It is pretty to look at and tastes good but is really soft and melts in seconds. I am not giving up yet. I have a few more months to figure it out before summer. This batch was a vanilla coconut ice cream. Iwas a little disappointed because you use coconut milk for the "cream" part but it does not have any coconut flavor. Once I get this basic vanilla down I am going to try to make an actual coconut ice cream. I have had a little more success with sorbet. This is a clementine sorbet that you serve in the frozen shells of the clementines. Perfect for summer and so easy (and cute!).

2 comments:

long time coming said...

lovely photos

I can't wait for you to get that coconut ice cream down :) thank heavens you live in Lawrence

Kelly Family Blog said...

Thanks! I can't really take credit for the sorbet one, I scanned it out of the cookbook :)