Saturday, August 29, 2009

Real

Photos of children where the house in the background is perfectly clean. With Mom's that have on make-up and look as though they have showered in the past 2 days, telling stories of the overly thoughtful husbands or evenings out with friends or some crazy time-consuming project at work that they have somehow pulled off while caring for their children and not placing them in front of the TV. That is what blogs these days are made of. And to be honest, I just can't take the pressure. My house could always used some tidying. My bangs are always looking a little messy. If I have on make-up it is usually because I didn't get to wash it off my face from the previous day. I run on 50% coffee 25% sleep and 25% willpower. Even if I have the time to fold the laundry I rarely get to put it all neatly into drawers. My idea of a date night with my husband is drinking a glass of wine and falling asleep with my head on his lap while he watches some sporting event on TV. I haven't had my hair cut by a professional in 2 years. I get my news from the Daily Show and NPR. I have homework to do, 5 sewing projects to finish, crunched up Dorito bits on the floor of my car, nothing in the house to eat for dinner and I can't remember if I brushed my teeth this morning.

But it's still just as good.

1 comment:

Lisa said...

I so appreciate you Laura!