Tuesday, August 7, 2007

Tagged

I was tagged by the lovely Ms. Supafly to produce 8 random facts about myself. I had to really dig deep for these guys because I was tagged earlier for a similar meme. But my love of list making took over and this is what I came up with. Feel free to play along if the mood strikes you, it's good clean fun.

1) I own 26 cookbooks and I continue to purchase more, although I rarely make any recipes out of them. One of my favorite things to do while Henry takes his nap is curl up with a cookbook and small post-it notes and flip through it marking the recipes I would like to fix…while watching food network. What?

2) We let our son run around the house naked, oh, about 90% of the time and it has backfired on us many many times. I wouldn’t recommend eating off of our floors.

3) We were certain that Henry was going to be a girl. The night we spent at the hospital while I was in labor we were able to convince the hospital staff of this fact as well. When he was born the doctor held him up and our delivery nurse yelled “It’s a penis!” Poor kid. Maybe this explains his current obsession with his “peen”.

4) I had a huge crush on my hubby for over a year before we started dating. At one point I reverted back to my Jr. High days and asked our mutual friend to ask him if he liked me. He told our friend “Not gonna happen.” Ha! He had no idea how stubborn I am.

5) I wrecked my car on my way to a psychology test my freshman year in college. My #2 pencil slid off my lap and down behind the seat so I turned for just a second to pick it up, popped the curb and slammed into a tree. It was the same tree that my older sister had hit a couple of years earlier.

6) I got kicked off of the volleyball team in 9th grade for being too enthusiastic, cheering too much and getting too into the game. I cried for weeks.

7) I have endured some monumentally embarrassing moments including jogging into a tree while being playful with a group of boys driving past, falling in a public restroom and standing up only to realize that my entire ponytail went into the toilet and was gushing toilet water all over my back, and falling asleep in a lecture class and waking up to the sound of snoring over the speakers and my professor pointing the microphone at my open/drooling mouth.

8) I decided I wanted to be a vegetarian in high school and so for dinner every night I would make myself chicken ramen noodles and add carrots and celery. Chicken Ramen = Vegetarian? Hmmm?

1 comment:

VivifyPenelopePie said...

Ok, I did it...i followed your lead--although mine are considerably heavier...eek, I just can't seem to be subtle or light-hearted, but oh how I try! hehe