Friday, August 22, 2008

Disclaimer

The post that I did about blaming the Olympics and the Chinese people for my laziness was a joke. I wrote it without even considering that anyone might actually take me seriously. If anything I figured people would read it as a compliment-"Hey your putting on such an amazing show that I haven't gotten off my couch for a week..." And I just assumed that anyone who knows me would know that I just being silly. But, I was thinking this morning that I should probably not assume that everyone that reads my blog knows me...and I don't ever want to say anything that might be offensive to any group of people or inadvertently represent myself as a person that is bigoted-something I consider to be totally despicable and unacceptable. And truthfully I have never filtered myself in that way because that kind of thinking has never been something that even crossed my mind. So, when I wrote that post I just wrote it lightheartedly, to make people laugh, the idea that someone might read it as something else was not even in my thoughts and now that I have thought about it, it turns my stomach. So apologize if I offended anyone with that post and want you all to know that I take full responsibility for my laziness. That is unless I can find a way to blame it on that Phelps kid. ;)

2 comments:

Playground Explorers said...

I wouldn't worry about it too much--I think it was pretty clear what you meant. And although not everyone who reads your blog necessarily knows you, anyone who reads your blog with any regularity could easily figure out that you're not the sort of person who would really blame an entire country (or any particular group of people) for your laziness. :)

Kelly Family Blog said...

Thanks Tracy. :)
Some things seem so obvious to me but you just never know how people will take them.